Be sure to read and follow all instructions before the date of your photography session. You can also download a PDF copy of the information on this page.
Each student’s Youth Salute display will contain 4 images and a biographical sketch. We want to show as many of your hobbies and interests as possible in your photographs, so bring at least three different “props” so one or more may be included with each outfit. Note: Boys please be clean-shaven!
**Please limit your wardrobe to only 4 changes**
Clothing Suggestions (and Requirements)
- DRESSY: Girls may bring a church dress, suit, or prom dress. Guys may bring your best suit and tie. “Dressy” may include any outfit you and your parents consider dressy.
- CASUAL: You may wish to bring blue jeans and a sweater/sweatshirt or slacks and a shirt. Casual clothes should be ones that you like, and in which you look your best.
- ACTIVITY: Your choice. This is your opportunity to express your interests – prop(s) required.
- MISC: Your final outfit selection may be another dressy, casual, or activity-related outfit.
NOTE: Extra outfit is $30.
Please arrive 15 mins prior to appointment time.
A Parent or Guardian must be present with you during your session.
- Props are mandatory for participation. If you do not bring props to your session, you may be required to reschedule.
- Props are intended to be representative of your unique combination of talents, activities, hobbies, and interests. Therefore, these props MUST BE BROUGHT BY YOU. Props will NOT be provided for you.
- You must bring at least three props!
- Pets are allowed, but CANNOT be your ONLY prop.
SCHOOL SPORTS: any sports uniform, letter jackets, t-shirts, equipment such as: bats, rackets, balls, pompoms, etc. We will use only trophies that have been won in the high school years. NOTE: LIMIT TEAM TROPHIES TO TWO TROPHIES and INDIVIDUALLY AWARDED TROPHIES TO FIVE.
OTHER SPORTS: Hockey sticks, puck, etc., snowboarding, skiing, kayaking, collegiate collection: pennants, clothing attire, trading cards, etc.
CLUBS: FBLA Jacket, Speech and Debate Team, FFA or FCCLA official dress, club banners, plaques, gavels, ROTC, Boy Scout, or Girl Scout uniforms, badges, western attire: chaps, bridle, saddle,
MUSIC: Band instruments, uniforms, Colorguard and Winterguard flags and rifles, keyboard, microphone, sheet music, guitars, records, CD’s, iPods.
VISUAL ARTS: Dance shoes and costumes, pallets, brushes, finished artwork, charcoals, paints, sketches, easel, camera, photos, typewriter, journal, iPads, Kindles.
OUTDOORS: Hunting: guns (GUNS WILL BE CHECKED BY US BEFORE PHOTOGRAPHY SESSION), camo clothing, bow and arrows, mounted animals; fishing: rods, tackle box, mounted fish; tents, hiking boots, walking sticks, backpack.
COLLECTIONS: Cartoon items: Mickey Mouse, Scooby Doo, Disney characters; movies, posters, coins, cards, Hot Wheels, model cars, Barbie Dolls, porcelain dolls, books, cultural items: flags, fans; sports memorabilia.
RELIGIOUS: Choir robes, Bibles, Music, devotional items, instruments played at church or microphones, youth group t-shirts, mission trip or church camp items.
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: volunteer firefighting, cars/trucks, horses, cattle
We are also available for location sessions (cattle, horses, farms, parks, etc).
Ask about the fee for this.