Be sure to read and follow all instructions before the date of your photography session.
General Session Information
- McCoy’s Studio will be taking the photographs for the Youth Salute Display.
- Your Session is at No charge (Valued at $299)
- Photographs will be taken at McCoy’s Studio and on the studio property. We are also available for location sessions. Ask about the fee for this.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the appointment time.
- Please allow 60-90 minutes for your photography session.
- A Parent or Guardian must be present with you during your session.
- If you need to reschedule your appointment please call as soon as possible. In case of inclement weather please call as early as possible to let us know you will not be keeping your appointment. If you are sick, please reschedule.
- Please use the link to our Online booking application to schedule your Photography Session and Viewing appointments.
Each student’s Youth Salute display will contain 4 images and a biography. We want to show off your hobbies and interests in your photographs, so bring at least three different “props” so one or more may be included.
*Please limit your wardrobe to only 3 changes
Clothing Suggestions and Requirements
- DRESSY: Girls may bring a church dress, suit, or prom dress. Guys may bring your best suit and tie. “Dressy” may include any outfit you and your parents consider dressy.
- CASUAL: You may wish to bring blue jeans and a sweater/shirt or slacks and a shirt. Casual clothes should be ones that you like, and in which you look your best.
- ACTIVITY: Your choice. This is your opportunity to express your interests. Props are highly suggested. Be Creative.
HAIR & NAILS
- Men’s faces should be clean-shaven or mustaches and beards should be neatly trimmed.
- Changes in hairstyle during your session are fine if it can be accomplished quickly.
- Please use hair spray if your hair tends to fall into your eyes and to help tame stray hairs.
- Hands are important in the photographs for both guys and girl Have nails trimmed and clean.
- If wearing nail polish, use a neutral color that will go with all your outfits. You will not have time to change nail co
Blemish Cover-up for Guys and Girls
- Please use foundation makeup or a blemish stick to cover all skin imperfections.
- Translucent Face powder is recommended to cover the makeup and shine on the face.
- The display will include basic retouching, however heavy facial retouching will cost $25.00 per photograph in the display.
Prop Requirements and Suggestions
- Please bring Props appropriate to showcase your interests and accomplishments. Please limit this to THREE Props.
- Props are intended to be representative of your unique combination of talents, activities, hobbies, and interests.
Therefore, these props MUST BE BROUGHT BY YOU. Props will NOT be provided for you.
- Pets are allowed, but CANNOT be your ONLY prop.
School Sports: Sports uniform, letter jackets, t-shirts, equipment such as: bats, rackets, balls, pompoms, etc.
Trophies: We will use only trophies that have been won in the high school years. NOTE: Please limit team trophies to Two and individual Trophies to Five.
Other Sports: Hockey sticks, puck, etc., snowboarding, skiing, kayaking, collegiate collection: pennants, clothing attire, trading cards, etc.
Clubs: FBLA Jacket, Speech and Debate Team, FFA or FCCLA official dress, club banners, plaques, gavels, ROTC, Boy Scout, or Girl Scout uniforms, badges, western attire: chaps, bridle, saddle.
Music: Band instruments, uniforms, Colorguard and Winterguard flags and rifles, keyboard, microphone, sheet music, guitars, records, CD’s.
Visual Arts: Dance shoes and costumes, pallets, brushes, finished artwork, charcoals, paints, sketches, easel, camera, photos, typewriter, journal, iPads, Kindles.
Outdoors: Hunting: guns (GUNS WILL BE CHECKED BY US BEFORE PHOTOGRAPHY SESSION), camo clothing, bow, and arrows, mounted animals; fishing: rods, tackle box, mounted fish; tents, hiking boots, walking sticks, backpack.
Collections: Cartoon items: Mickey Mouse, Scooby-Doo, Disney characters; movies, posters, coins, cards, Hot Wheels, model cars, Barbie Dolls, porcelain dolls, books, cultural items: flags, fans; sports memorabilia.
Religious: Choir robes, Bibles, Music, devotional items, instruments played at church or microphones, youth group t-shirts, mission trip or church camp items.
Hobbies/Interests: volunteer firefighting, cars/trucks, horses, and cattle, etc.